The Push-Up Challenge is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
- when you engage with us via social media;
- when you use our services, such as our app; or
- when we otherwise interact with you (by email, telephone or otherwise)
(collectively, the “Services”).
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is information about an identifiable individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers.
What type of Personal Information do we collect?
- Information You Provide to Us Directly
We may collect Personal Information that you provide directly to us and/or our service providers (the “Service Providers”) or partners (“Partners”) such as the Canadian Mental Health Association. This includes but not limited to:
- Personal Information you provide when you complete a form on our website or on any one of the Services.
- Personal Information you provide when you are connected to your device. When you are connected to your device, you are giving us permission to access the data collected from the device.
- Personal Information you provide when you register to use our Services. When you register to use the Services, we ask for Personal Information, including but not limited to: your name, age, email address and phone number. The Personal Information collected is used to provide you with a personalized experience when you are using the Services, in particular, the Push For Better app.
- Personal Information you provide when you report a problem about one of our Services.
When you use our Services, complete electronic forms, communicate with us or contact us by email or phone, we may automatically collect and store certain information about you and the activity you engaged in, for example: your name and contact information; information that you voluntarily provide to us; the nature of your communication; the purpose of the interaction, and the action we took in response to your inquiry or request.
c. Information Collected Automatically
We (along with our Service Providers, Partners, or affiliates) may also automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use the Service including:
- Usage data. Usage data may include technical information about your device (including device-specific information such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information); details of your visits (including the full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”) clickstream to, through and from the Service (including date and time)); and details of conditions and symptoms searched.
- Analytics data. Analytics data may include your IP address, operating system, and browser type; information about which app store you downloaded our App from; length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, finger gestures, clicks, and mouse-overs).
- Location Data. We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Services at any time, through your device settings.
d. Information We Collect from Partners and Other Sources
We may collect Personal Information that you have provided to our affiliates, Partners and / or businesses related for purposes set out below. We are not responsible or liable for the accuracy of the information provided by third parties or for third party policies or practices. As a general rule, we collect Personal Information directly from you. If third parties hold information that we require, we will endeavour to ensure the information has been collected with your consent.
Specifically, we may collect and use Personal Information that is aggregated and anonymized (the “Analytic Information”) from our affiliates, or Partners, for various business purposes, including, without limitation, enabling us to provide the Services. This Analytic Information, because it is aggregated and anonymized, is no longer Personal Information as it cannot be used, alone or in conjunction with other information, to identify an individual. Subject to our contractual obligations, we may use this Analytic Information in a variety of ways, including to help analyze site traffic, understand trends, and to improve our Services. We may use this information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others.
We may collect or receive Personal Information about you from publicly available sources, social network providers, marketing partners, and/or third parties. This may include Personal Information we receive when you interact with our social media accounts.
Sensitive information is defined as including information or opinion about such things as an individual's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information. Sensitive information will be used by us only:
• For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
• For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
• With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
For what purposes do we use Personal Information?
We may use Personal Information we collect or receive about you for various purposes.
(a) To Provide You With Our Services
We use your Personal Information to provide you with the Services including but not limited to the treatment you have requested, the care required for the treatment, and the provision of the continuity of care.
(b) For Administrative Purposes
We may use your Personal Information for administrative purposes including but not limited to create and maintain your account.
(c) To Maintain, Improve, and Personalize the Services
We use your Personal Information for our everyday business operations such as administration of the Services. Your information may also be used to help us improve our Services. We also use your information to personalize your experience. For example, we may personalize advertisements, marketing communications, and recommendations to make them more tailored to your interests.
(d) To Communicate with You
We use your Personal Information to:
- communicate with you; and
- respond to inquiries and requests from you.
We may also contact you with promotional offerings or other communications that may be of interest to you. If we send you marketing emails about Services that may interest you, each email will contain instructions permitting you to “unsubscribe” of receiving future marketing or other communications within 10 days.
In the event you contact us, we use certain information to respond to your questions and assist you with any issues that may arise in your use of the Services.
(e) For Account and Network Security Purposes
We care about keeping you secure and safe while using our Services. Keeping you safe requires us to process your Personal Information, such as your activity information and other relevant information.
(f) To Maintain Legal and Regulatory Compliance
Our Services are subject to certain laws, regulatory and/or professional obligations, which may require us to process your Personal Information. For example, we process your Personal Information to fulfill our professional obligations, or as necessary to manage risk as required under applicable law.
(g) To Enforce Compliance with Our Terms and Conditions and Policies
(h) For Our Business Purposes
We may use Personal Information for other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect or receive the information with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
When and to whom do we disclose Personal Information?
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Service providers. We may transfer (or otherwise make available) Personal Information service providers (including affiliates acting in this capacity) who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to store and provide back-up, process payments, or provide data analytics and marketing services. Personal Information may be maintained and processed by our service providers in the US, Canada or other jurisdictions. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose Personal Information for their own purposes.
- Disclosures authorized or required by law. There are limited situations where we are legally required or authorized to disclose your Personal Information without your consent.
- Disclosures with consent. We may disclose your Personal Information in other circumstances with your consent. For example, you may request that we share information with your insurer for insurance reimbursement purposes.
You can withdraw your consent to have your information shared other parties at any time, except where the disclosure is required by law.
How secure is your information?
Safeguards are in place to protect the security of your information. These safeguards include a combination of physical, technological and administrative security measures that are aimed at protecting Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Please note, however, that while we believe our security measures are appropriate, no security measures can guarantee absolute security of information.
How long do we keep Personal Information?
We will retain and use your Personal Information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies. When information is no longer required, it is destroyed in a secure manner, according to set procedures that govern the storage and destruction of Personal Information
How do you access the Personal Information held by us?
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing. The Push-Up Challenge will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information. In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
What if you feel your record is not accurate?
We make every effort to ensure that all of your information is recorded accurately. If an inaccuracy is identified, you can request that it be corrected. If we do not agree that the information is inaccurate, we will nevertheless make a note of your position in your file.
What are your other rights?
In addition to the right to accessing and correcting your Personal Information, depending on where you reside and legal limitations, applicable laws in your jurisdiction may grant you the right to make certain privacy requests. Even if you do not live in one of these jurisdictions, we allow you to make the same requests, and we will take reasonable steps to fulfill them.
You may request that we delete the Personal Information we have collected about you.
However, it is important to recognize that your right to know and right to deletion are not absolute and are subject to certain exceptions.
You may exercise your right to know or your right to deletion by contacting us as set out below. We may ask you to verify your identity if you are contacting us through email, or phone. You may also designate an authorized agent to make a request to know or a request to delete. In order to be able to act, authorized agents have to submit proof that they are authorized to act on your behalf, or have a power of attorney. We may deny requests from authorized agents who do not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on their behalf.
What if we transfer your Personal Information to another jurisdiction?
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
We are based in the Canada and, regardless of where you use our Services, the information collected as part of that use will be transferred to and maintained on servers located in Canada. Any information we obtain about you will be stored in accordance with Canadian privacy laws, regulations, and standards, which may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. By using our Services, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in Canada.
How do you contact us?
You can find this policy on our website
Information collected via SMS Opt-in will not be sold, rented or shared.